Monday, October 28, 2013

Cookieventure # 3: Blueberry Cheesecake

Sunday's best is what is in store for today. :)

Due to my husband's request some weeks ago, I finally gave in and made my mom's all time favorite Blueberry Cheesecake - to which I am now guessing will be one of my husband's favorites too.

The recipe I used to follow was the one I found inside a store-bought butter's packaging. But I always end up adding my own flavour to it.

Now, let's get it on.



The ingredients needed for this are:

  • Crushed Graham
  • Sugar
  • Melted Butter
  • Cream cheese
  • All purpose cream
  • Milk
  • Unflavoured gelatin


Basically, I just combined the crushed graham, sugar, and melted butter. Mix them well and press it on the pan. Then I put cling wrap over the pan, and place it in the fridge (I like putting them in the freezer so the crust will build a hard surface faster).

Crushed graham, sugar and melted butter

Now that the crust is in the fridge, I then moved on to the filling.

Mix together the cream cheese with the gelatin dissolved in milk. Once they are well mixed, set it aside.

Cream Cheese and Whipped Cream

After that, it is time to whip that cream! :) Basically, it is the mixers job. You could do dishes while this is going - it approximately takes about 5 - 10 minutes for it to have that light and fluffy texture. This is what I do to keep the kitchen clean. :))

Once it is airy and fluffy, I folded it into the cream cheese mixture. Make sure it gets folded nicely and evenly so the cream cheese is well distributed.

I then took out the pan with the crust, and placed them on top. Make sure that the crust is no longer crumbly and is hard enough for the cream cheese to sit on. Distribute the cream cheese filling evenly as well, so your family (or guests) get equal shares.

Nice and even filling

When that is all set, generously give your cheesecake the much deserved blueberry topping. :)

Blueberrryyyyy!

Place it back in the fridge to help it come together, and have that soft fluffy texture.

There you have it - a homemade, no-bake, Blueberry Cheesecake.

PS: You might be wondering what my own twist is, right? Well, since I'm a chocoholic - I put in chocolate chips in the crust to give it that extra sweetness. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...