Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cookieventure Intro: Julie & Julia

If you have watched the movie Julie & Julia, you may already guess what I'm up to, but for those who haven't seen the film I'll give you some insights.

Julie Powell idolized Julia Child so much that she challenged herself to make all the recipes in Julia Child's first cook book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, with the hopes of making herself a published author.

Ever since I have seen the movie, I have always wanted to do the same: not to make myself an author, but to challenge myself to make the most of the cook books I have by making each recipe. But due to budget constrains, and other plans during weekends and even holidays, this was always set aside.


But now, I am hoping to make this "master plan" a reality. ;) Dedicating one day a week, I hope to make the most, if not all, recipes in this 500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone. By the way, the book was a Christmas gift around some two years ago by my ever supportive fan - my brother (special mention needed since he helped me set up this blog. Hihi). :)

500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone

I chose this book because of two things: (1) It's specialty is, yes - cookies which I adore and love to eat; and (2) there are about 500 recipes, so this will be a long-term adventure! :)

Wish me luck peeps! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...